Griqualand West Stamps

Print Catalog
Set Ascending Direction
View as Grid List

3 Items

per page
Set Ascending Direction
View as Grid List

3 Items

per page

The first stamps used in Griqualand West were stamps of Cape of Good Hope from October 1871 which can be identified by their cancellations.

In September 1877, Cape 4 pence stamps were used hand surcharged by the Kimberley postmaster "1d" in ink.

The first stamps specifically for Griqualand West were issued in March 1877 and consisted of stamps of Cape of Good Hope overprinted G. W. or G